The main concept of this burger is to demonstrate that seasonal vegetables are fine to use as a substitute for the traditional burger sides and snake beans hanging out and over the edge is a novel twist.
Taste wise these burgers were a total hit with my wife and kids and also a leaner healthier burger meal than you’d typically buy from a fast food restaurant.
Snake Bean Bratwurst Burger
- 4 buns tiger buns are nice
- 2 bratwurst sausages 100 grams each
- 4-8 snake beans chopped in quarters- keep a bit of length
- 3 cups perennial spinach leaves chopped fine
- 2 onions sliced
- 4 slices cheese whatever type you like
- 4 tsp egg mayonnaise
- 4 tsp barbecue sauce
- 1 knob butter
- Oven roast, pan fry, or boil the bratwurst sausages (this can be done at the same time as the vegetables below)
- First, pan fry the onions in butter for about 5 mins until soft. Then add the snake beans and spinach, & fry for a further 5 mins
- Open the buns and place a teaspoon of mayonnaise on the base then add the cheese slice
- Slice the sausages in about 10 mil/half inch pieces and place on top of the cheese
- Drizzle the BBQ sauce over the sausages and top with onions, spinach, and a liberal serving of snake beans ensuring they hang out untidily over the sides of the bun
- Serve immediately and enjoy!