Frozen peas are good, but fresh peas are even better! The same goes for sugarsnaps. And they are so good for you too.
It is one of our quickest-growing crops here in the Netherlands, and they are so yummy when eaten fresh. So when we can harvest, we do so immediately to make this pea and sugarsnap stir fry dish.
This dish is so easy, anyone can make it. A good dish to make during the week as it is fast, healthy, gluten free, lactose free and it can be vegan as well. Simply replace the salmon with your favourite fish substitute- things like tofu, bean burgers, and plant protein patties will work well.
So lets get into the kitchen and make this pea & sugarsnap stir fry dish!
Pea and Sugarsnap Stir Fry
- Cutting board
- Wok or big pan to stir fry
- frying pan
- 3 Big handfuls Sugarsnaps
- 1 Big handful Peas (Freshly shelled)
- 1 Head Broccoli
- 3 Spring onions
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 2-3 TBspn Tamari or Soy sauce
- 1 Big or 2 Small Piece(s) of Salmon
- ¼ Fresh lemon
- 2 TBspn Olive oil or Coconut oil
- Cut the stem of the broccoli into pieces and the rest of it into florets. Fry in some olive oil or coconut oil until almost done.
- Bake the piece of salmon in some olive oil.
- In the meantime, shell the peas and top & tail the sugarsnaps. Cut the sugarsnaps, garlic and spring onions into small pieces
- Add the garlic, spring onions, peas and sugarsnaps with the broccoli and stir fy until done
- Add the tamari or soy sauce to the vegetables and stir to combine
- Put all the veggies on the plate, top with the piece of salmon and the lemon wedge.Enjoy!
Our full recipe collection has a wide variety of pickles, sauces, stir fries, traditional Dutch food, and more- why not have a browse!