Worcestershire Sauce (Woozy)
- Large pot
- Medium to fine seive
- 4 Kilograms Plums Preferably homegrown or organic
- 4 Litres Brown vinegar
- 4 Cups Treacle
- 400 Grams Brown sugar
- 4 x Chilli I used a hot variety but you can use mild or leave out completely
- 1 x Garlic bulb Roughly chopped
- 1/2 Cup Fresh ginger Grated
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon All spice powder or 5 spice powder
- 1 Teaspoon Ground nutmeg
- 1 Teaspoon Ground cloves
- 1 Teaspoon Ground black pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Ground turmeric
- Wash plums and remove stems and stones.
- Place all ingredients into a large saucepan. Bring to the boil, lower heat and simmer for about 60 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly.
- Strain through a fine sieve into another container. If you want a thicker sauce use a sieve with larger mesh holes.
- Pour into bottles and store for 2 weeks before using to allow sauce to mature in taste.
- Sauce should last a long time in the pantry.