Everybody loves pancakes- I have yet to meet anyone who doesn’t. But sometimes pancakes are not the healthiest food on the planet. So I added vegetables and made them gluten- and lactose free. These versatile veggie pancakes can be sweet or savoury- that’s a better batter!
These pancakes have zucchini (courgette) and carrot in them. But I promise they still taste good! I have made them 2 ways. One savoury and one sweet, so you can choose which one you like most.
It is one batter for both and you only have to add a couple of extra ingredients to make the sweet version. So it is really easy and convenient.
These pancakes are so versatile, you can eat them for breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert.
When we eat these versatile veggie pancakes at home, we have the savoury ones as a main meal and the sweet ones as our dessert. But I also like to make them for breakfast and lunch- they’re easy to put in a lunchbox and take with me. If you have leftovers just put them in the fridge, they last about a week and can be eaten cold as well.
Versatile Veggie Pancakes- Sweet or Savoury
- Cutting board
- frying pan
- 1 large or 2 small Courgette
- 2 large Carrots
- 4 big or 5 small Eggs
- Flour of choice (I used buckwheat flour)
- 1 pinch Salt
- Cinnamon to taste (I used 1 Tspn)
- (Coconut) Sugar to taste (I used 4 TBspn)
- (Coconut) Oil (For baking)
- 1 Tspn Baking powder (Optional)
- Cut the courgette into pieces and add to the blender
- Blend the courgette together with the eggs and a pinch of salt untill smooth and frothy
- Add this mixture to a bowl and add (buckwheat)flour until it is a thick batter(Optional; If you want, you can add a tspn of baking powder now)
- Grate the carrots, add to the batter and stir.This is the batter for the savoury pancakes and the base for the sweet ones
- First bake the savoury pancakes in some (coconut) oil until you have about half the batter left
- Now add the (coconut) sugar and cinnamon to the batter. Stir and bake into the sweet pancakes until there is no batter left
- Put the pancakes on a plate and top the savoury ones with tzatziki if you wishDo the same with the sweet pancakes, but top those with fresh fruit and/or a drizzle of honeyEnjoy!