This recipe is a staple in my home. I make it a lot, because it is healthy, easy, tasty and versatile.
It is also lactose-, gluten- and sugarfree.
I can use a lot of vegetables in one recipe and use it for dinner, lunch (or your kids school lunchboxes) or as a filling snack.
This veggie loaf keeps about a week in the fridge and also freezes well. Just slice it up and put it in the freezer. If you want a slice, just take it out of the freezer and put it in the oven for about 15-20 minutes at 180 degrees celcius and you are good to go! Enjoy!
- Big bowl and smaller bowl
- Loaf tin or baking/cake tin
- Spoon or Spatula
- baking paper
- 250 grams Courgette (Grated)
- 250 grams Carrot (Grated)
- 300 grams Almonds (Ground)
- 70 grams Linseeds/Flaxseed (Broken)
- 5-6 Eggs (5 big or 6 medium eggs)
- 2 Big handfulls Spinach (Chopped)
- 1 Bunch Chives (Chopped)
- 1 Bunch Parsley (Chopped)
- 6-7 cherry tomatoes (Sliced)
- 1 TBsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 TS salt
- ½ TS Baking Soda
- 2 TS Union powder
- 2 TS Garlic powder
- Preheat your oven at 180 degrees celcius
- Grate, chop, slice and ground the ingredients you need to grate, chop, slice and ground
- Put all the dry ingredients in to a very big bowl and stir to mix a bit
- Add all the vegetables, except the sliced cherry tomatoes, and stir to combine
- In another bowl, whisk the eggs and apple cider vinegar together and pour into the other ingredients. Stir this together until very well combined. If stirring doesn't work, mix it with your hands. Kneed it like a dough, until everything is very well combined.
- Line a loaf tin with baking paper and pour the batter in. Level it a little and place the sliced tomatoes on top
- Bake at 180 degrees celcius (convection) for about 1 hour. After that hour, turn off the oven and leave the veggie loaf in it for another 10-15 minutes, with the ovendoor closed. Remember every oven is different, so some may need more time.
- Leave to cool a bit on your kitchenbench before slicing
- This loaf is good on its own, but you can add your favorite toppings (eg mayo, tomato and basil is my favorite) a soup, or a salad on the side