Healthy Stir-fry with Pork Chops & Shredded Leafy Greens
- frying pan
- 1 large bowl variety of greens- kale, spinach, bok choy, cabbage, tah tsai, mizuna, etc
- 800 grams pork loin chops about 3 medium sized chops
- 4 or 5 fresh green beans
- 1 or 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup jerusalem artichoke
- 2 onions medium size
- 1/2 cup spring onions green section only
- 20 grams butter
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 200 grams egg noodles thin type-use more if desired
- After washing the leafy greens, slice/shred them finely with a kitchen knife then chop and dice the other vegetables- roughly 1/4 inch thin at least so they are quick to cook in the stir-fry.
- Slice the pork into thin strips – you can cut the fat off first if you wish but I keep it on because I like the extra flavour.
- Melt the butter in a pan (you can use a wok but any pan will do). Saute the vegetables (EXCEPT for the leafy greens) for a few minutes until they are soft.
- Add the pork and stir-fry until the meat has browned and cooked through. Season with some salt and pepper to your taste.
- Place the thin egg noodles in boiling water to cook so they will be ready as the stir-fry cooking is done.
- Add the shredded leafy greens, soy sauce, lemon juice, and mix all well stir-frying briefly just until the leafy greens have wilted – do NOT overcook the greens!
- Assemble the dish by adding some noodles to the base of the bowl, then the stir-fry, and drizzle some pan juices over the top to seep through down into the noodles on the bottom.