When you make our rhubarb raspberry jam, you can make these delicious jam-filled cupcakes to go with it. The recipe is easy and it’s a big hit in my household. They somehow disappear in no time!
The rhubarb raspberry jam is a very ‘clean’ recipe. It consists of nothing more than fruit and rhubarb. This makes it vegan, gluten-free and refined sugar-free. The cupcake batter is gluten-free and refined sugar-free too. However, the cupcakes are not vegan because of the eggs that go into the batter. You can replace the eggs with egg substitute, if you wish to make it vegan.
This recipe makes 12 medium-sized cupcakes, but I tried to fit it into 6 because I forgot I had lent my 12 cupcake tin to a friend. So I only had the 6 cupcake tin left. And even though I knew I was taking a risk, I stubbornly went ahead and did it anyway. It almost went over the sides when baking in the oven-there were some frightening moments I tell you-and I had a hard time getting them out of the tin. So don’t be stubborn like me, and bake it in a 12 cupcake tin. Perhaps bake them in 2 batches instead.
With that little piece of advice done, let’s go into the kitchen and make these cupcakes!
Rhubarb Raspberry Jam-filled Cupcakes
- Cupcake tin (For 12 cupcakes)
- 12 patty pans also called baking cups or cupcake cases
- handheld electric beater (Or stand mixer)
- Measuring cup
- Spatula (Or spoon)
- rhubarb raspberry jam
- 190 gram flour (I used buckwheat flour)
- 1 Tspn baking powder
- 1 Pinch salt
- 1 Tspn vanilla extract
- 100 gram softened coconut oil or softened butter
- 100 gram coconut sugar
- 2 eggs
- 120 ML oat milk (or other milk of your choice)
- Preheat the convection oven to 170 degrees celsius (340 F)
- First beat the soft coconut oil or soft butter together with the sugar until it is nice and fluffy and has lightened in colour
- Add in the eggs one by one and beat until incorporated (If it splits at this stage, it is ok, it will come together again when you put in the flour)
- Add the (buckwheat) flour, salt and baking powder and beat until well mixed
- Now add in the (oat) milk and vanilla extract and mix until the consistency is smooth
- Put the patty pans into the cupcake tin and add a tablespoon of batter into each one
- On top of that, add a spoon of rhubarb raspberry jam
- Finish it with another spoon of cake batter, put into the oven and bake for about 45 minutes
- When they are done let them cool a little, remove from the baking tin and let them cool completely on a baking/cooling rack
- Enjoy as they are, or put some more rhubarb raspberry jam on topYum!