Quick to make, impresses your guests and has just 5 ingredients- what more could you ask of the humble cheesecake?!
Cheesecake has long been a classic yet has never gone out of (foodie) fashion. It’s a traditional favourite for a reason; it looks great, tastes great, & serves a crowd in a flash.
This no-bake lemon cheesecake is one of the easiest you’ll ever make. Aside from some refrigeration, all you need to do is melt butter and mix things. This simple recipe highlights the classic flavour pairing of lemon & cream cheese- not to mention it showcases the lemons you might have growing at home.
How to Make No-Bake Lemon Cheesecake
Harvest your lemons then zest one of them. Set the zest aside to dry out a little.
Assemble the other ingredients then unwrap the cream cheese from the outer box and leave it out to come to room temperature.
Unwrap the biscuits and put the whole packet in the food processor or blender. If you’re not familiar with Nice biscuits, they have a layer of sugar on top which gives a lovely sweetness to a cheesecake.
Blend the biscuits to a fine crumb. Melt the butter in a saucepan over low heat.
Tip the biscuit crumb into a mixing bowl then stir in the melted butter.
Blend the crumb mixture well. Press it firmly into the base of your pie dish or tin. Refrigerate the base for 3-4 hours.
Mix the cream a little to soften it, then add the condensed milk.
Spread the mixture evenly over the base. Refrigerate for 4 hours or until set.
No-Bake Lemon Cheesecake
- 1 pie dish or springform pan
- 1 handheld electric beater
- 1 food processor or blender
- 1 small non-stick saucepan
- 1 stove
- 1 mixing bowl
- 250 grams Nice biscuits this equals one packet
- 125 grams butter
- 395 grams condensed milk this equals one tin
- 250 grams Philadelphia cream cheese at room temperature this equals one packet
- 3 whole lemons
- Put all the nice biscuits in a food processor and blend to a fine crumb. Tip this blend in to a large mixing bowl.
- Cut and juice lemons until you have 1/2 a cup of lemon juice.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over a low heat.
- Mix the melted butter into the biscuit crumbs and blend well.
- Press the crumb mixture into the base of your cake tin or pie dish. This forms the base of your cheesecake. *Top tip* to make the base firm & of an even thickness, press with a flat plate or the base of a jar.
- Put the base in the fridge until set.
- In the mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese lightly with the electric beaters.
- Add the condensed milk slowly, mixing continually.
- Slowly add the lemon juice, mixing continually.
- Blend ingredients thoroughly but don't over-beat.
- Add the mixture to the biscuit shell & refrigerate until set (3-12 hours).
- Once set, garnish with sprinkled lemon zest & lemon slices for serving.