Green Chilli Chicken Curry with Fresh Silverbeet
- frying pan
- 4 whole chillies (hot peppers) deseeded- can be mild if you prefer
- 1 onion medium size, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 800 ml coconut cream
- 3 chicken breast fillets
- 2 cups silverbeet you can substitute any other dark leafy greens
- salt & pepper to taste
- dash canola oil or butter to line the pan-optional
- With a little butter or oil in a deep pan, sear the chicken breasts until lightly brown.
- At the same time, place chillies, garlic, onion, lemon plus the salt & pepper in a food processor and blend into a paste. (This could also be done by hand with a mortar & pestle).
- In a separate bowl, mix the coconut cream with the curry paste, then add it to the pan with the chicken. Stir well and deglaze the bottom of the pan initially then cover and turn down to a simmer.
- Simmer (covered) for about 30 minutes stirring occasionally.
- After about 30 mins remove the lid and add the chopped silverbeet. Let the sauce reduce down and thicken.
- Once the sauce is nice and thick (like a thick gravy) cut the chicken breasts into chunks (about 3rds).
- Serve with rice, flat bread, and/or a crisp garden salad on the side.